The last-chance saloon - Dennis Hamley


























Well, we've tried all we can, we've got them this far after obeying every instruction there is and now they're here, they won't budge. We went in the end for the line of least resistance; three covers in a row over the top of the page. And this is the nearest we could get.


Ah well, at least you can see them and, if you're still watching, relate them to the extracts in my first blog of the day, composed, it now seems, about three weeks ago.


Thus far, no further. I'm off to enjoy my birthday now.

Comments

Linda Gillard said…
Fabulous covers and well worth waiting for.
madwippitt said…
What brilliant covers - especially taken with the Dooms one - very clever ...
And happy Birthday too!
Very tempting to go into Blogger and sort them out into a neat little row for you Dennis, but I won't! I rather like that random scattering of images of death... authors should be more creative, and why not three blog posts on the same day?
Dennis Hamley said…
Thank you to you allfor your reactions to the covers. When I saw them finally loaded, I wondered if they would be too dark for Kindle. We should soon know. But Anastasia is a star. I never expected such amazing interpretions, though I was constantly hoping for something which would make me gasp. Yes, Katherine, why shouldn't we be able to do three blogs on one day? But I hope I never have to again because it made my head ache and my frustration level go stratospheric!
Jan Needle said…
Dennis, I left a comment on this blog a few days ago, and it ain't there! Is this a conspiracy? All I said was that I liked the pix and the extracts. Watch this space.

Popular posts

A Few Discreet Words About Caesar's Penis--Reb MacRath

Never Mind the Author Workshops, What Shall I Wear on World Book Day 2024? wonders Griselda Heppel

How to Live with the End in Mind: Wendy Mitchell’s Choice -- by Julia Jones

Brain on a Train -- Umberto Tosi

A writer's guide to Christmas newsletters - Roz Morris