Jingle all to Rest

I love Christmas time. For me, it is more than just presents and snow (sometimes), It is about the birth of salvation to the world and a time to rest. Yes, REST.

In the last few years though, rest has not been high on my agenda. This time last year, I was in the middle of writing my second novel and actually finished it on the 31st of December.

This year, I have put down my pen and I am teaching myself to rest. I tried to do NaNoWriMo and one week in, personal circumstances meant I was distracted. I beat myself up almost to the point of depression, I was tired, in pain and so discouraged but eventually, I pulled through.

Now, my commitment to myself is to finish this year with family, friends, food and rest. I want to read all the books I have so lovingly bought; I want to watch silly movies and most importantly, I want to take time to pray for my new season.

I think it is so important as Authors to take time away from the craft to reflect, re-centre, re-focus and rest.

I wish you all a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year and hope like me, you also take some time to rest.



Amanda Bedzrah - Wife to 1, mother to 3.

Christian Author

www.amandabedzrah.com

Comments

Popular posts

A Few Discreet Words About Caesar's Penis--Reb MacRath

Margery Allingham and ... knitting? Casting on a summer’s mystery -- by Julia Jones

A writer's guide to Christmas newsletters - Roz Morris

Irresistably Drawn to the Faustian Pact: Griselda Heppel Channels her Inner Witch for World Book Day 2024.

What's Your Angle--by Reb MacRath