Finally .... Karen King

Hooray! My romance book Never Say Forever is finally ready to go up on Amazon Kindle.  Readers of my last blog will remember that the book has previously been published in  paperback and softback (under the pen name of Kay Harborne) and I was wondering whether to go for a new cover. I decided it would be best to as I wanted to give the book a fresh, modern feel so went for a pink background with a black silhouette. So, courtesy of my talented illustrator daughter Naomi, here it is:


The cover has been uploaded, so has the book, it's all ready to go. Just one final check through to make sure there are no typos or extra spaces (I soon learnt that any errors really show up on the small Kindle pages) then I'll be pushing the 'publish' button. 

Publishing an e-book isn't quite the same as having the first copy of a print book in your hands but I have to confess I'm getting hooked on it. I've another e-book almost ready to go. This one is a children's fantasy novel called, Firstborn, which was praised by several publishers but turned down because 'there are too many dragon stories about'. The cover was designed by Naomi's partner Andres, a graphic designer - it's very useful to have two illustrators/graphic designers in the family!



I was hoping to launch both books at the same time but I'm wrestling a bit with the formatting of Firstborn. Despite the text looking perfectly fine on my computer screen when I preview it on the Kindle screen there are some indents in the middle of paragraphs. I can't figure out why and it's driving me a bit mad but hopefully I will sort it out soon.

E-publishing is a challenge, and once the books are actually 'published' there is the biggest challenge of all - marketing. That's going to be another learning process!


(For those of you who haven't got illustrators/graphic designers in the family and want help with your covers Naomi can be contacted at naomi.r.king@gmail.com and Andres at AlzateDiaz@gmail.com)

Comments

Anonymous said…
Both covers look fabulous, the romance one looks really modern
Anonymous said…
They look good - like the covers. Hope they do well! Joy x
Lovely covers. Isn't it nice to have more 'cover control'?
Nicola Morgan said…
"E-publishing is a challenge, and once the books are actually 'published' there is the biggest challenge of all - marketing. That's going to be another learning process!" Oh yes - and I'm learning, too! Mind you, you meet interesting people along the way, so that's good.
Pat Posner said…
The covers look great and I love the font used for Firstborn.
Karen said…
Thanks everyone for you comments. Glad you all like the covers.
L J Steyn said…
I have read 'Never Say Forever' and thought it was great, so much so that I lent it to a friend who then read it cover to cover the same night. Love the new cover, and the cover by Andres is brilliant too. I'll look forward to reading your next novel, keep us posted as to when it's out!
Karen said…
Thanks.Pleased to hear you enjoyed the book. Next novel is in process. Keep checking in for an update.
Ann Evans said…
Well done for getting 'Never Say Forever' up as an ebook Karen. I'll be buying it soon and will put a review up on the .co.uk and the .com amazon sites. I understand the more good reviews a book gets the higher its rated.
And love the children's book cover. Will there be illustrations inside?
Ann
x
Karen said…
Hi Ann,

Thank you, how kind of you.:) No illustrations inside the children's book, it's for the 9-12 age group x
Anonymous said…
The very best of luck with both books, Karen.

Popular posts

A Few Discreet Words About Caesar's Penis--Reb MacRath

How to Live with the End in Mind: Wendy Mitchell’s Choice -- by Julia Jones

Never Mind the Author Workshops, What Shall I Wear on World Book Day 2024? wonders Griselda Heppel

Close Reading | Reading Like a Writer by Francine Prose | Karen Kao

Brain on a Train -- Umberto Tosi