An Interrogation of – Lynne Garner



1: What’s the daftest thing you’ve ever done? – Come on, admit it.
Lynne Garner and Tasha
Travelling to Uist and spending five nights searching for hedgehogs on the cliff tops armed with just a torch and a couple of pillow cases. It was damn good fun though.

2: Is global warming preferable to global cooling?
Oh don’t get me started. People who know me know I’m seriously into my wildlife and the environment (studied Environmental Geography at University – education speak for conservation).

3: What do you know about your great-grandparents?
Nan worked in the local ammunitions factory during the war and the boss allowed the women to have the large double doors open so they could keep an eye on the kids playing in the street. Granddad served in the navy and when he returned home he would sometimes bring home the ships old ropes and give them to my mum and her sisters. They then had the best skipping rope in the street.

4 If you could live in a book, which book would it be? – And who would you be?
Any of the Terry Pratchett Discworld books – his universe sounds so much fun. Perhaps the landlady of the pub Nanny Og frequented – you’d be sure of a good night.

5 Werewolves or vampires?
Vampires as long as my body became like those in the TV series and films. Who’d want to be a vampire with a bad back?

6 Is it immoral to spend £10,000 on a handbag?
Yes – spend £100 on the bag then give the other £9,900 to a small local
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Anansi-Trickster-Spider-Lynne-Garner-ebook/dp/B00629VR7S/
Anansi
charity. That much money to a small charity would make a huge, huge difference and you’d be less worried about losing your bag.

7 Would your 16 year old self like you?
I think she’d like me but I’m pretty sure I’d not like her.

8 What’s the worst birthday/Christmas present you ever received? (If you’re prepared to tell.)
I’m not sure if this counts but when I was a kid almost every Christmas I’d get the same present from my mum and my two aunts (we used to say they’d used their witchy powers). They never spoke to one another about what they were going to buy, so my sister and I would end up with 3 pair of the same gloves or 3 similar purses or 3 scarves etc. Most infuriating.

9 If you could change one historical event, in any period, what would it be?
The discovery of oil and what it could be used for (conservation head on again).

10 “I don't care if anyone reads my books; I write for myself.” Is there anything wrong with this as a theory of art?
It’s a good theory if you’re in a position to cover your bills or don’t have bills to pay. Sadly I have bills so if you want to support a ‘struggling’ author then follow this link, or this link or even this link and download one of my books. (Oh no a blatant plug – oh well you’ll get over it).
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Brer-Rabbit-Traditional-Tales-Retold-ebook/dp/B00N265JUK/
Brer Rabbit

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Anansi-The-Trickster-Spider-Volume-ebook/dp/B007WSV1W4/
Trickier than ever
 

Comments

madwippitt said…
You are my hedgehog hero! Will you be entering the hog shed for next year's shed of the year competition? Let me know if you are in plenty of time so I can put it up on the DFG blog!

Popular posts

A Few Discreet Words About Caesar's Penis--Reb MacRath

How to Live with the End in Mind: Wendy Mitchell’s Choice -- by Julia Jones

Never Mind the Author Workshops, What Shall I Wear on World Book Day 2024? wonders Griselda Heppel

Close Reading | Reading Like a Writer by Francine Prose | Karen Kao

Brain on a Train -- Umberto Tosi