I am TRULY SORRY!

It's me on the blog today and I am so ashamed that I do not have not much to say. 

It is not because I can't think of anything interesting to blog about, but because as usual I have been consumed by my busy life, not organised myself properly and left things to the last minute and now I am in a rushed panic, trying to scramble words and have something decent to say.

I sat down around 11.35am to write this blog. I had spent the previous 4 hours getting a power point presentation finished for a speaking event I have later on today. It is 00:34am as I am currently typing these words.

After thinking about my last minute post, I decided I was going to write about my trip last month to Sintra in Portugal where I visited a 14th century monastery and the impact that had on my thought process around writing research. I stayed on a beautiful resort that is also home to this cultural monument called Mosteiro Da Penha Longa



It turned out to be a really interesting blog post as I also inserted a few pictures taken on the holiday and talked about the importance of physical research where possible and how it would make the stories we write truly come to life. I talked about also visiting the chapel that is a thing of true beauty with huge statues, including those of the twelve disciples except Judas, his was deliberately blank which was fascinating.

I have inserted the pictures again, but this time, they probably won't make as much sense as they should.



I also talked about my visit to seven palaces but my absolute favourite being Pena Palace. A beautiful, colourful, magical place that made me feel like I was in a real life fairy tale. The type of place you truly want to visit if you want to write a story that had medieval castles. 


Just as I was about to complete the post, save, preview and publish - my laptop decided to do a reboot. The post was not saved.  My eyes leaked only a little bit (ok maybe a lot) as tiredness and frustration clawed me into an unnecessary meltdown.

At this point, I am exhausted, I don't have it in me to rewrite the original post, but I also don't have it in me to not follow through on my writing commitments. So I have decided to just be honest and say - my post got deleted and I am too tired to rewrite it.

So instead I have written a short post to say - I am sorry for such a shitty blog. I have learnt my lesson to not leave things till the last minute and, also to make sure that I draft my posts in word where auto recovery is an option and not type directly into blogger like a nutter.

I would like to think that next month, I will be more organised and write a half decent blog post that gathers a few comments and is worth a read. Until then, I hope that I have at least made you laugh at my human experience and I don't get told off by the super organised, more experienced bloggers who already have all their posts scheduled for the rest of the year. (Are you truly human?)

It is now 00:55 and I am about to finally publish my post for the day. My head tells me to read it again and edit it, my body tells me I am too tired and I hope that you guys speak typos.






Wife and mum of three. Sometimes more organised....

www.amandabedzrah.com

Comments

Peter Leyland said…
Ah Amanda, you're not the only one. I made some mistake on my very first proper AE blog after I'd done a couple of guest ones and I lost the whole thing!!!

Now when it's a Word document I always make a copy with (2) against the title. That has now worked for a couple of years now and I'm beginning to feel like an old hand...

And don't forget, often stories of our failures are more entertaining than those of our successes, so thanks for a fun post
Amanda Bedzrah said…
Thanks so much Peter I’m really grateful you enjoyed the post and took time to respond.
Ruth Leigh said…
Authenticity is far better than pretending. I've lost count of the number of times the deadline for a blog is coming ever closer and I finish it well after midnight. I am so last minute with everything! Thanks for being honest and showing us that you are just like us. What a relief!
Sandra Horn said…
I love this blog! We've all been there!
Amanda Bedzrah said…
Thanks Ruth… glad I’m not alone
Amanda Bedzrah said…
Sandra, glad you can relate. 🤣

Popular posts

A Few Discreet Words About Caesar's Penis--Reb MacRath

A writer's guide to Christmas newsletters - Roz Morris

Margery Allingham and ... knitting? Casting on a summer’s mystery -- by Julia Jones

Irresistably Drawn to the Faustian Pact: Griselda Heppel Channels her Inner Witch for World Book Day 2024.

Got Some Book Tokens? -- by Susan Price