Launching a New Book by Andrew Crofts



Image result for What Lies around us by andrew crofts



Well that was fun. Publication Day for “What Lies Around Us” started with a spot on BBC Breakfast. I usually find television studios a bit daunting but this one, consisting of two people chatting on a sofa, watched by one distracted looking cameraman, was totally chilled. It was my first visit to “Media City” in Salford, which is a little on the bleak side but in fairness I only really crossed a square from the Holiday Inn to the BBC’s front door.

Female First, an on-line magazine then published an article by me on “Ten Things you didn’t know about ghostwriting”, with a big plug for the book, and reviews started to come in on a succession of book blogs.

I have written before about how much I like the idea of book bloggers and the fantastic reviews I received this time have reaffirmed my enthusiasm. They have furnished me with an abundance of boastful quotes which I can splash all over my website, and any other flat surface I can find. 

There was only one negative one and when I wrote to the blogger to thank him for taking the trouble to read the book he responded “Sorry my review wasn’t more positive, but it helps to have a bad review every now and then on the site, otherwise people might think it weird that I like every book I read …” So at least I know I donated my reputation in a good cause. Sigh.

There were also a couple of local radio interviews, an article on The Bookseller’s blog and an appearance on Sky Television’s Sunrise show, and in July I am scheduled to talk to Mariella Frostrup on Radio 4’s Open Book, which will be back in the more familiar surroundings of Broadcasting House, amidst the bustle of the West End.

All this has been orchestrated by a fabulous PR consultant by the name of Emma Finnigan, who I can’t praise highly enough. She made no big promises and delivered way more than I had hoped for. Getting coverage for novels in the media is notoriously hard and I am deeply impressed with her skills.

Now all I have to do is wait for the sales to go through the roof and the money to come pouring in.  

Comments

Umberto Tosi said…
Sounds like an auspicious start: Congratulations and best of luck with your new book. Now to keep the thunder rolling!

Popular posts

A Few Discreet Words About Caesar's Penis--Reb MacRath

Never Mind the Author Workshops, What Shall I Wear on World Book Day 2024? wonders Griselda Heppel

How to Live with the End in Mind: Wendy Mitchell’s Choice -- by Julia Jones

Brain on a Train -- Umberto Tosi

A writer's guide to Christmas newsletters - Roz Morris